Sienna X Spray Tan
What’s it all about?
Sienna X is a sunless solution to a healthy, natural looking tan. It’s a great answer to spending hours in the sun or on sunbeds; there’s no risk of sunburn, peeling, or any sun related skin diseases or damage.
How does it work?
Spray tanning involves applying an active ingredient, dihydroxyacetone or DHA, a colourless sugar, to your skin. The DHA reacts with the proteins and amino acids in the outer layer of your skin to produce natural looking colour.
It takes 6 to 8 hours to develop and the remnants of the DHA will easily wash off in the shower. I can apply a solution called, ‘Tonight’s the night’ which develops within 2 hours.
How long will it last?
Your tan will last between 5 to 7 days, depending on your daily skincare routine. It fades as your skin sheds the outer layer of dead skin cells. The key to prolonging the tan is to moisturise using Sienna X daily mosituriser and Sienna X extend & perfect gradual tan.
What you need to do to prepare for a spray tan to get the very best result from your tan?
- The night before, exfoliate and moisturise your skin, paying extra attention to the elbows, knees, ankles and any other problems area.
- Paint nails and toenails, especially if they are acrylics.
- Wax/shave at least 24hrs beforehand to allow the pores time to close
- Do not apply mosituriser or skin lotions on the day of your tan
- Remove make up, deodorant, lotions before your tan
- Bring loose dark clothing; tight fitting clothes may cause marks and some of the solution can rub off onto your clothing. Any rubbed off solution will usually wash out but it’s possible it may stain on some materials. So its recommended that you wear clothes that are dark and not too precious.
- Wear flip flops or loose shoes
- Do not shower/bathe for at least 8 hours(overnight is preferable)
- Do not exercise, swim, sun beds, steam rooms and so on until you wash the solution off
- Do not touch your skin as the solution can be transferred to your hands.
- Avoid getting your hands or skin wet, washing up etc.
- After showering apply sienna X mosituriser and pat dry
- Keep mositurising, every day if possible and towards day 3 start applying extend and perfect gradual tan to prolong the life of your tan
- Day 5 you can start exfoliating so the tan fades evenly
What will happen during my first treatment?
I will ask you some questions to make sure the tanning process is suitable for you. After which we will decide on the best colour for your skin type.
You will be asked to undress and remove jewellery, glasses, contact lens etc. and then I will apply a barrier cream to your hands, feet and any dry or problem areas.
The spraying will take 10 mins or so with some additional drying time. I will ask you to stand within a pop up tanning booth so the solution stays contained.
You will see the guide colour immediately on your skin, this is to help make sure all areas are covered, after 8 hours you will wash this off and your colour will have develops underneath.
Do I have to be naked?
No, but it’s up to you. Many people like to wear the disposable knickers I can supply, or wear their own dark underwear. It’s recommended that men have under wear of some sort.
Who’s it suitable for?
It’s safe for most people but some allergic people can have minor skin irritations. Allergic reactions are rare and if you have sensitive skin or allergies I can do a patch test beforehand.
Women in the 1st trimester of pregnancy or those with breathing difficulties should avoid treatments too.
If you have a medical condition or take prescribed drugs it would be worthwhile just checking with your doctor if a spray tan is suitable for you or you can sign an informed consent stating the treatment has been fully explained and you are willing to proceed with a treatment.
I would advise individuals that are currently suffering from a fever, diarrhoea or vomiting or those who have any contagious infection, such as athletes foot, verrucas and so on refrain from treatment until the condition has cleared.
Some conditions do require greater care, those being; epilepsy, asthma, kidney & liver problems, skin problems & allergies and pregnancy. A patch test may be required 24 hours before treatment.
Pregnant women in the first 12 weeks should avoid receiving any treatment, after which a modified treatment can be performed.
Fancy a go?
Costs & Further details
£22 per treatment
An additional charge of £5 will be added for travel outside a radius of 10 miles of Colliers wood.
NB – Please allow an extra 10mins at the first appointment as it includes a consultation about your general health and any possible allergies. This will help me determine if the therapy is safe and appropriate for you. This information is confidential
Alternatively you may wish to pay in advance for a course of 4 treatments and receive a 10% discount.
To book an appointment, or to simply to discuss your requirements please call me on 07813 528 408 or contact me via the contact page