What’s it all about?
The word holistic means the person as a whole. Holistic massage incorporates the whole person into the massage treatment. It takes into account the whole person; physical symptoms, psychological, environmental and nutritional factors, positive and negative and the impact they can have on the body.
It’s a massage that uses some Swedish massage techniques as well as soothing, relaxing movements. It can be beneficial in relieving muscular tension and easing psychological stress and anxiety. The massage is usually carried out on the whole body but you can ask me to do just a part massage. I will use a suitable massage medium for you and can be oil, cream or massage wax.
What’s a Holistic Treatment?
A session is usually an hour but I can do more intensive treatments up to two hours if requested. During your treatment you lie down on a professional massage couch and I will cover you with towels, exposing only the parts being massaged. At the end of the treatment you can expect a homecare advice sheet.
What’s it good for?
People turn to Holistic massage for various reasons and it can be used alongside conventional medical when living with a chronic condition or simply for relaxation. Everyone responds to massage in different ways and are hoping for different outcomes, therefore, every treatment is tailored to suit your own specific needs.
There are general effects gained from a Holistic Massage treatment, those being;
- Relaxation the body, relieving tension and the effects of stress.
- Relaxation the mind, relieving anxiety and its effects.
- Feelings of calm, well-being and balance.
- Relief from tired, sore, stiff muscles.
- It’s has an effect physically and emotionally .
Holistic massage is good for promoting overall relaxation and inducing feelings of well-being and balance. It can be a useful complementary therapy for those living with chronic conditions, alongside conventional medical care.
Here at the Treatment Tree we believe that by tackling the early signs of stress and tension, through a Holistic Massage, you can relieve the symptoms and possibly prevent further development of more chronic problems. It is advisable to contact your GP if you have any stress induced signs and symptoms to ensure that there are no underlying conditions.
Who’s it suitable for?
Holistic massage is suitable for all ages; men, women and children. Some groups of people may require a modified treatment, the elderly, children and in pregnancy.
A course of treatments is recommended to kick start your body into action. Typically people respond well with 6 to 8 treatments. Weekly, twice weekly or monthly may be recommended. However it is entirely up to each individual how many sessions they have and how often they receive them.
People often find it beneficial to continue with regular maintenance treatments to maintain health and a feeling of well-being
If you have a medical condition or take prescribed drugs it would be worthwhile just checking with your doctor if holistic massage is suitable for you or you can sign an informed consent stating the treatment has been fully explained and you are willing to proceed with a treatment.
I would advise individuals that are currently suffering from a fever, diarrhoea or vomiting or those who have any contagious infection, such as athletes foot, verrucas and so on refrain from treatment until the condition has cleared.
Pregnant women in the first 12 weeks should avoid receiving any treatment, after which a modified treatment can be performed.
Fancy a go?
Costs & Further details.
- £40 per treatment (usually lasting an hour.)
- An additional charge of £5 will be added for travel outside a radius of 20 miles of Colliers wood.
- NB – Please allow an extra 30mins at the first appointment as it includes a consultation about your general health and lifestyle. This will help me determine if the therapy is appropriate for you and safe. This information is confidential.
- Alternatively you may wish to pay in advance for a course of 4 treatments and receive a 10% discount.
- To book an appointment, or to simply to discuss your requirements please call me on 07813 528 408 or contact me via the contact page.
- Please note 24 hours’ notice of cancellation is required to avoid a charge for booked treatment.
Holistic Massage does not claim to cure, diagnose or prescribe. Each session works on an individual basis.